Re: [tlug] Paul Graham's Disagreement Hierarchy

On 3/31/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

(a bunch of worthless trash)

Turnbull-sensei is clearly full of himself and of course he would
write stuff like that because he hasn't ever been trained in either
engineering or a True Science.  I can't believe someone who claims
to have any knowledge of the 'net at all could write something like that.
You probably even prefer garbage like XEmacs instead of the One True
Editor and let your wife run Microsoft Windows.

I better stop here and I hope everyone gets the point.

Paul Graham digs his own grave:

> The web is turning writing into a conversation. Twenty years ago,
> writers wrote and readers read.

Um, excuse me!  (More than) 20 years ago we were flaming each
other on Usenet in the same ways you describe as if it were something
new.

I disagree with his basic premises and nothing of what he writes is any
newer than the "innovation" in Microsoft Windows Vista.

-sb (with apologies to Steve-san, haven't written a flame in some years
and I'm kind of rusty)