[tlug] xemacs and japanese

Hi!

Again a question regarding japanese input where google doesn't really
seem to help.
I'm running xemacs 21.4.21 (yp, I'm trying to learn it ;) ) and use in
Xfce scim-anthy as IME. According to google I shall use:
m-x set-input-method RET japanese-anthy

But using m-x there is no match for set-input-method. Therefore,
what's the way to change the input method?

When I want to set the mode to japanese-latex-mode I get the error
"Cannot open load file: mule". I just installed xemacs-mule-packages
from the ports via compiling but it doesn't seem to have solved the
problem.

Btw. is there any documentation available for the modes that are
available and how they function? (E.g. what's the difference between
japanese-latex-mode and latex-mode)

Niels