Re: [tlug] Abiword and Japanese

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 26/03/2008, emiddleton@example.com
>
> <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > Josh Glover wrote:
>  >
>  >  > On 26/03/2008, Niels Kobschaetzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:
>  >  >>  TextMate is *the* text-editor in my opinion (tried a lot, none compares
>  >  >>  -- hmm…how long will it take 'til an emacs-guy responds to that…),
>  >  >
>  >  > Not long:
>  >  >
>  >  > *plonk*
>  >
>  > Have you used TextMate?  As a die hard XEmacs connoisseur, are there
>  >  things TextMate has done wrong?
>
>  You've answered your first question with the wording of your second,
>  and the answer to the second is clearly: "TextMate has not had TLUG
>  members working as Release Managers". ;)

And besides that: it does several things wrong which are regularly
criticized and the vaporware TM 2.0 shall improve all of it ;)
But besides that: It's easily extendible, very powerful and it's
possible to use it w/out having done a course of introduction (for
getting the whole power out of it you should have read the manual, the
book and seen the screencasts (great way for introducing stuff
actually).
Btw. did emacs ever had an usability-evaluation (TM did neither but well…)? ;)

Niels