Re: [tlug] MPlayer does not compile (actually gio-fam-backend does not)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 08:16:04PM +0100, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  I'm trying to compile MPlayer but it just doesn't work because it
>  depends on gio-fam-backend and that does not compile. It always stops
>  with:
>  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
>  gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
>  *** Error code 2
>
>  Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend.
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Any ideas what I can do?

I remember going through this but I've forgotten how I fixed it.  I have
a working mplayer on 8 CURRENT. I can make a package, but I don't know
how it will run--I assume you're running STABLE or RELEASE.

You can also see if there's a package for it.

pkg_add -r mplayer

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Faith: When I'm fighting, it's like the whole world goes
away. I only know one thing: that I'm gonna win, and they're gonna
lose. I like that feeling.
Buffy: Well sure, beats that 'dead' feeling you get when they win
and you lose.