Re: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks (was: linux: it's becoming ubiquitous)

To continue the sucking theme ... [C&C]

SL Baur writes:

 > I expect a computer to keep running until I turn it off.

Lucky man.  *I* get to expect a computer to run until Scuba-Die turns
the power off -- campus wide.

(Since 1994 when I first installed Linux, I've had Linux crash on me
twice across an average of 4 boxen running 24x7, and I've had
unexpected module problems that seem to have required a reboot 5
times.  Scuba-Die has gone down on me no less than 50 times in that
period.  And no, I didn't enjoy it; git is by far a more pleasant way
to get HEAD.)