Re: [tlug] MPlayer does not compile (actually gio-fam-backend does not)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:16:04 +0100
"Niels Kobschaetzki" <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:

>  I'm trying to compile MPlayer but it just doesn't work because it
>  depends on gio-fam-backend and that does not compile. It always stops

Whatever gio-fam is, MPlayer does not depend on it.
I'd be surprised if MPlayer even had any optional
dependency on it, as it is gnome stuff[1].

So, first question, where did you get the MPlayer
soruce from and second why do you think MPlayer
depends on gio-fam?

>  with:
>  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
>  gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
>  *** Error code 2

locate libgio-2.0
if that doesn't show any results ending in .so or .a,
you are missing libgio-2.0

			Attila Kinali

[1] gnome is considered harmfull, in case you don't know yet
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to