Re: [tlug] recommendations for user friendly CMS (with VMware?)

Hi Scott,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:08 PM, scott <scott@example.com> wrote:
>  Has anyone tried running a webserver on vmware?

We run a bunch of our services in VMs, like our bug tracker, SVN web
frontend, mail server. Each of those is in its own VM. We don't see
very much web traffic.

Performance is good, though it depends on the host machine somewhat.
We recently moved the VMs from a DELL 1850 to a new DELL 2950[1]. On
the 1850 the Java-based JIRA[2] bug tracking system we use was
noticeably sluggish, but not anymore. I wonder how Plone compares to
JIRA in terms of consuming resources.

RAM is important, then disk space, CPU not so much for web applications.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2jlung (dell.com)
[2] http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/

Mike