Re: [tlug] CAPTCHA on keitai

So I should always read the Mailman lists before discussing security
on TLUG ....  (The URL below was found on Mailman Users.  Feel free to
throw away my words, but /follow that link/!)

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2008-03-19 08:08 +0900 (Wed), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

[Stuff Curt seems to disagree with but surely not.]

Here's an interesting blog post.  I was almost shocked to realize that
if I thoroughly put into practice what I preach, I'd qualify for being
"among the few true computer security elite".

http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/editorials/dumb/

Now, if you agree with that, why are you disagreeing with me?

 > > We need big cheap wins.
 >
 > Well, if the spam problem is any indication, you're not likely to get one.

Restating my point in Ranum's terms:  it's a lot easier to implement
"default deny" on web sites (although of course Wiki and blog comments
are exactly the opposite) than in email.