Re: [tlug] Getting scim to work

On 22/03/2008, Niels Kobschaetzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:

> It works now.
>  I had to copy /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc to
>  ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc (before I used the wrong one) and had to put
>  the 4 lines from above (all starting with export) before the line that
>  states:
>
>  # Run xfce4-session if installe
>  xfcesm='which xfce4-session' and so on...

You can thank the OpenDesktop.org guys for the
~/.config/<app_name>/<config_file> pattern, IIRC. OpenBox uses it too,
and I was pretty annoyed for the first hour of trying to configure it.
Why the old UNIX convention of ~/.<app_name>[/<config_file>] was not
good enough, I dunno...

PS: Please trim more aggresively.

--
Cheers,