Re: [tlug] Audio editing software

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 05:17:30PM -0600, David J Iannucci wrote:
> > >  I always just use sox from the command line for this sort of thing.
> > >  It's pretty easy and can do almost anything.
>
> I have some chopping and splicing of tracks to do.... looked at sox a
> bit as a result of this thread, and while splicing seems simple enough,
> it looks like it probably can't split a track at a very precise
> location.  Seems natural enough for a CLI tool.  Or is sox really THAT
> cool and I've somehow overlooked this ability? :-)
>
> > the sox manpage is one of those that inspired Scott, Jonathan, and I
> > to start writing QnD Guides
>
> Are these guides available?

I believe Josh moved most of them to the wiki.  I still have a legacy
version up at

http://www.scottro.net/qnd/

(I don't think there's anything on sox on it though.  What Josh meant
was because so much Linux documentation is difficult to understand, we
thought there was a need, at the time, for more user friendly guides. )

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: So when do we destroy the world, already?