Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

2008/3/19, Dave M G <dave@example.com>:
>  Also, while stopping Apache might do it, I'm not sure why it would be
>  that Apache would at random times suddenly become active. My machine is
>  for local testing purposes only. It is not connected to the internet, or
>  at least shouldn't be, so the only time Apache should be doing anything
>  is when I'm doing something with it.
So your server is not connect to the Internet, well.
Bugs that happens randomly is very hard to be located,
you need to look at the system status when it happens
( esp. Apache's tail -f access_log )

From my experience, (a) Celeron's CPU usage goes up to 100% randomly!
(b) My web server ( running phpBB2 ) goes out of resources ( RAM and memory )
when it is used as a fumidai for scanning other hosts ( google for "yos.txt" )

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )