Re: [tlug] The Mother of All (bash) Commands

(Yes, I did that once without thinking. It resulted in a tree full of
zero-length files -- with permissions properly preserved. Besides, if
both paths are on the same machine, doesn't 'cp -a' do just as well?)

Ouch. Did you have backups?

Yes... not entirely current but it only took me a day to recover. Of course, it also took quite a while to figure out what had happened.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org                     for thou art crunchy
                                  and goest well with cheese.