Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

Since then, I've been able to determine that the offending process is called "www-data". I haven't, however, been able to determine anything about the timing of when this will happen next or why. All I can say is that is happens maybe once or twice a week.
I found this web site which seems sort of related:
That link says the process is owned by www-data. Is that what you mean? This link also talks about processes owned by www-data
http://www.linux.com/base/ldp/howto/Caudium-HOWTO/secure.html

Steve S.