Re: [tlug] CAPTCHA on keitai

Josh Glover writes:

 > Sure, but variations in the implementation technique can make the
 > CAPTCHA bot miss,

The only interesting variation I can think of is to change media (and
I don't mean from image/gif to image/png, but from image/* to
audio/*).

 > and by keeping a low profile with your home-brew

Or do you mean by "hiding" the CAPTCHA image (eg, by using absolute
positioning in CSS)?

 > implementation of a proven technique (which has been broken, but took
 > awhile),

The current state of the art as claimed by several scripts out on the
web I looked at 6 months ago is that any distortion that fools them
nine times out of ten will fool a human once out of two.  I don't
think that's an acceptable level of annoying your real visitors in
most cases.  There may be "machine hard, human easy" distortions yet
to be discovered, but I wouldn't bet on it.