Re: [tlug] Mailman

Josh Glover wrote:
On 18/03/2008, Phillip Tribble <phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:
Also, maybe we can do the technical meetings as a podcast =) ; it would
be a good way to bring the LUG to the world.

Agreed. And it should not be so hard, since we're already recording the meetings. We probably just need to grab the video files and extract the audio track, then clean it up as necessary.

Edward, would this (providing podcasts of the tech meetings) be
something you're interested in? It would not be for everyone, but some
Linux heads and exiled TLUGgers might get some value over listening to
the tech meetings on their digital audio player of choice.

The live video is streamed (using theora video and vorbis compressed audio) from two icecast servers. Icecast has the option to record the stream and dump it to a file. I have not listened to the live feeds so I don't know what the audio quality is like. The issue, which I am currently working on, is hosting the video content. If people are interested in downloading just the audio, thats obviously something we could do. If you want to discuss the details lets move the discussion to the tlug-admin list.

Edward