Re: [tlug] Wordpress Spam

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Phillip Tribble
<phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:
>  I been receiving a lot of spam comments on my blog. Does anyone have a
>  way to prevent spammed commented from happening? By default, I have to
>  approve all comments.

If you maintain your own WordPress instance you could install/enable
the Akismet plugin. It seems to work well for me. Some spam still gets
through but it's manageable. Perhaps your blog gets a lot more traffic
though, and a lot more spam even with Akismet already on?

I'm not sure whether this is an options for blogs hosted at wordpress.com.

Mike