Re: [tlug] Wordpress Spam

On Mon 03/17/08 12:40 PM , Phillip Tribble phillip.tribble@example.com sent:
Hello,

I been receiving a lot of spam comments on my blog. Does anyone have a
way to prevent spammed commented from happening? By default, I have to
approve all comments.

On my BBS I have a keyword on the previous page that users must enter to join. You could have a have a keyword next to the link, like "click here to post comment (keyword is linux)". Then add a keyword field to the comment form, it can even say (from previous page). Reject submissions without the keyword. In my experiences this is quite enough to get rid of such spam submissions.