Re: [tlug] Mystical tabbing events

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 12:42:38PM +0900, Josh wrote:
> On 17/03/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> >  My wife used to think it was funny, and she seldom liked my Japanese
> >  puns.
>
> I've only succeeded at the Art of Dajare once, when I explained that I
> needed glasses because 「目がねェー」。Strangely enough, the Japanese people
> were ROFL, whilst I was thinking 「寒い!」 to myself, which is the inverse
> of my normal attempts, e.g. 「焼肉強食」. [1]

My worst one that isn't obscene was the fault of the people who subtitle
Abarembou Shougun.   He would always say seibai to his ninjatachi, errm,
ninjae, errm, ninja and ninjette----errm, ninja and kunoichi.  (Kunoichi
is one term for a female ninja.)

The subtitle always said "Punish them."   So, thinking I was telling a
friend that I'd been punished, I wound up telling him I'd frequently
been executed as a child.  I think he laughed for over a minute.

Yes, this should go to Lingo if we're going to keep it up.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Ford: I wanna be like you...A vampire.
Spike: I've known you for two minutes and I can't stand you. I
don't really feature you living forever. Can I eat him now love?