Re: [tlug] Re: Gentoo ebuild for XEmacs-21.5

On 3/16/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Yet another reason to hate rms. ;)

Make no mistake, Richard M. Stallman is a brilliant software architect.
I can probably prove the case that he laid the foundation upon which
Microsoft made its fortunes.  Somebody start a new thread if you want
to discuss that.

As to actually writing code, he is useless and part of the reason why
XEmacs has gone kind of stagnant is due to all the legacy Stallman
code that we will drag around forever.

And yes, he declared war against me, and capitulated against the Heisei
Emperor, all in the name of beating XEmacs.  XEmacs 20.0 was the first
released emacsen with Asian language support and it shall always be
the first until someone rewrites history.  Bugs and all, XEmacs 20.0 was
the reason why there was such a long delay in FSF Emacs development
over that time period.

Sigh.  I'd love to discuss this with you all at a technical meeting and then
the usual Izakaya.  Somebody bring me back to Japan.  Please ...

-sb