Re: [tlug] Re: Gentoo ebuild for XEmacs-21.5

On 3/15/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Josh Glover writes:
>
>   > http://gentoo-portage.com/app-xemacs/tooltalk
>

> What does this do?  tooltalk is a SunOS-specific protocol from the
>  Dark Ages.  It seems weird it would be in portage.

I don't think it ever worked properly, but that's a Martin question.  We've had
more bug reports throughout XEmacs history from Sun breakage than probably
any other source.   Odd considering that the only real corporate sponsorship we
ever got was from Sun.  Or maybe not, considering Martin's judgement over
what was releasable code.

Do note that between the time 19.14 was released (the last Chuck release)
and 20.0 the balance of downloads of tarballs from ftp.xemacs.org shifted to
favor the precompiled Linux tarball.  That was before your time, so I don't
expect you to remember my posting to xemacs-beta.

Much as you malign Mule, the Heisei Emperor's support of XEmacs has
resulted in a lot more good than *anything*[1] else we've received.

[1]  Who is Bob Weiner?

-sb