Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:23:49 -0800
"SL Baur" <steve@example.com> wrote:

> I have different reasons.  I have devoted most of my adult life to Open
> Source software because I want a system all in source code and a system
> that cannot be end-of-lifed on me.  Take note Microsoft Windows XP lovers.

Sorry to destroy your dreams, but that's not true.
Unless you are prepared to port all software you use
to the new OS (resp base system) you are running
(which is ever changing because it's OSS).

Eg. just try to compile some software that wasn't touched
since 2000 or so. You'll have a hard time, believe me.

			Attila Kinali
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to