Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On 14/03/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:

>  Reason #311 for loving zsh:  zcomp.  When programs conform to Gnu
>  command line style for --help, zsh TAB completion will use it and you
>  can complete on command line options as well as files.

OK, you've finally convinced me to switch. Which means, of course,
that you'll been the primary target for my "how to I do the following
thing that I can do in bash in zsh?" questions.

Firstly, how do I make ^H-Backspace delete a word like it does in
bash? e.g. I like the fact that when I have a long and hairy path like
/usr/local/games/FooBar/data/saved/, I can hit ^H-Backspace and it
sheds one piece of the path, becoming /usr/local/games/FooBar/data/.

I'll write a "Quick-N-Dirty Guide to Migrating from Bash to Zsh" for
your troubles. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh