Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On 3/14/08, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 02:06:34 -0800, "SL Baur" <steve@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > Hmmm.  I see your point.  The invisible should appear in front of
>  > $PS1, but it gets overwritten.  I believe that's a feature not a bug.
>

> Possibly.
>
>  To find out, run this to see if the "invisible" gets printed and then
>  overwritten:
>
>  $ echo -n invisible; sleep 5

It's late at night and I'm tired and stupid, I should have thought of trying
that sooner.  Yes, the invisible apears and then is overwritten by the
command prompt just as I wrote.

I've been a zsh user for almost 20 years now.  Yowza.

Reason #311 for loving zsh:  zcomp.  When programs conform to Gnu
command line style for --help, zsh TAB completion will use it and you
can complete on command line options as well as files.

-sb