Re: [tlug] Non-standard Perl Module Locations

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:39:43 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> We're all set up for Ruby use already; you just make sure you, e.g.,
>
>     require File.expand_path(__FILE__ + "/../../qam")
>
> where the argument to expand_path is the release directory for this
> particular installation of the project, and now you're all set up to
> use the usual stuff under that release directory, release/lib/ruby/1.8,
> release/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8, linking against shared libraries in
> release/lib, etc. etc.
>
> Now we need to do something similar with perl, and I'm wondering what
> the standard structure for perl library directories is, and what the
> best way is to tack the directories from our release dir (the structure
> of which generally resembles /usr/local as much as possible) on to the
> front of search paths and so on. For example, the ruby code is pretty
> simple:

Beside the given hints and tips about inline code, you
can also set two enviroment variables:

export PERL5LIB=$HOME/include/perl
export PERLLIB=$PERL5LIB

I think these are documented in perlrun (but i'm too lazy to check ;)

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred