Re: [tlug] Apache MPM performance

On 2008-03-13 07:55 +0900 (Thu), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Nguyen Vu Hung writes:
>
>  > Yes, I am using ab, which can be use for DoS. What is wrong??? :)
>
> Nothing, as far as that goes.

I think his point was that if ab can DoS a server, it must be able to
test it. My point is that a decent setup (say, lighttpd on a multi-core
machine with a reasonable number of FCGI back-ends) cannot be DoS'd by
ab, unless it manages to tie up some other resource, such a disk IO or
the database.

(ab, unless it's changed since I last used it, never has more than one
request outstanding at a time.)

cjs