Re: [tlug] Apache MPM performance

2008/3/11, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>:
> On 10/03/2008, Sigurd Urdahl <sigurdur@example.com> wrote:
>
>  >  I would also be interesting to know what
>  >  happens on the server during the tests. Memory pressure, CPU load,
>  >  context switches, that kind of things.
>

> Which one can monitor (as I'm sure Sig and Nguyen know, but in case
>  some list members hadn't heard of it) with vmstat:
>
>  : jglover@example.com; vmstat 1

cool.

Under Linux, I have a much more powerful tool: valgrind massif - which
can count how may time and memory a program takes to run ( as Josh
told me be, memory space is always a tradeoff ). Massif even can tell
me which functions take more time or memory.

For both Linux and Solaris, my load test is as simple as: Start with a
large number of c ( like 1000 ) run ab -n n -c c URL, decrease c until
the web server load usable. I check it by open another browser and try
to access another URL of the server.

FYI, it seems that to get a boost, we have to use optimized version of
Apache (+PHP):
  	CSKamp_1.2_sparc.pkg.bz2

--
Best Regards,