Re: [tlug] Re: "Password on localhost" [C&C, maybe]

Curt Sampson writes:

 > Printing, in the generic sense, is one of the very hard things to make
 > work well.

Tell me about it!  You should try getting a Japanese child
transplanted to California to print, let alone write cursive!

Actually, on second thought, do tell me about it.  Why should printing
be very hard?  Unless you're just referring to the fact that there's
no such thing as "printing to an Epson", let alone a concept of
"printing" that that you can rely on.  In that case, you can just
class it with all the other I/O operations that the peripheral vendors
refuse to standardize or document.  But you mean something else, maybe?