Re: [tlug] OT: yahoo.co.jp ending web mail: Thanks!

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> steven smith writes:
>
>  > I'd just like to understand what's going on.
>
> Well, for one thing your mail client (Thunderbird?) seems to be
> broken.  The attachment is encoded in UTF-8, I think, but the header
> says it's US-ASCII (by omission, which defaults to US-ASCII).
Maybe this is because I copied from Yahoo's webmail into vim
to reformat and saved as a utf text file.  I do use Thunderbird.

> According to my wife (both a Yahoo user and a native speaker), the
> Yahoo MailApp is a way to read your freemail from your keitai, while
> Yahoo!mocoa is a fee-based service.  So your freemail is safe, but you
> won't be able to read it from your keitai after 4/9, at least not
> without somehow connecting it to mocoa.
I do have a keitai but I'm in California and it only works
those infrequent times I get to Japan.  I'm a bit of a
Luddite and don't have  a cell here (California) and seem to
do fine without.  Even there I doubt that the Keitai I own
would support Moca.  Webmail is my main concern.

> My wife's evaluation of this is 「あたし、関係ないけど、ふざけてんじゃ
> ん?」 ("I don't care, but seems like they're just screwing around.")

Please tell your wife どうもありがとうございます. Likewise,
Thank you Stephen.

Also, David, your reply just came in.  I'm feeling much better!

Thanks for the responses!

Steve S.

BTW, in 「あたし、関係ないけど、ふざけてんじゃん?」, あたし
would indicate a woman is speaking, right?