Re: [tlug] [Announcement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2008-03-08

Hi Brett,

From: Brett Robson <tlug@example.com>
Sent: 2008年03月05日 12:43:19
> Ichigaya Kaigijitsu
> 4-39 Kananocho, Ichigaya, Shinjuku
>
> Nearest stations:
> Toei Shinjuku line Akebonobashi, exit 3
> Toei Oedo line Ushigome-Yanagicho south exit

Thanks for the translation of the address.

> Will the lecture be in English?

It would be a kind of discussion with all of the members who are
interested, rather than a lecture. And I will try to discuss in English
as much as possible. Sometimes he may use Japanese words, but I will try
to translate it as well. If someone (one of you) will jump into the
discussion, then it will be also an exciting event.

I've never been involved in the discussion of copyright law in English,
so I don't know how it will go. :-) But I think the discussion itself
will be an interesting one.

I think someone will try to broadcast this event to TLUG members who
cannot attend, but I don't know if it will be done successfully. There
will be some private addresses behind the router, and the bandwidth is
unknown for the moment. So it will be 50/50.

I'd also like to know if there is anyone who attended to the
lecture/discussion with Prof.Lessig while he was in Tokyo few years ago
and if the person can attend to this weekend. I want to get some
feedbacks how you feel during the discussion or after this weekend.

His position is usually introduced in this URL:
http://orion.mt.tama.hosei.ac.jp/hideaki/

And some of the articles are posted to US journals too. His position is
very close to Prof.Lessig, but he is also very concious about the
differences between Europe, US, and Japan.

Anyway, let's have fun with Hideaki.
--
== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/