RE: [tlug] Dual booting LINUX from an external USB-connected drive

How much difference is there between how the bios sees a thumb drive, and a USB connected disk drive?

I know it is possible to boot from thumb drives now.

One possible scenario, it could probably be set to have /boot on a thumb drive with the USB drivers compiled into the kernel, then load the USB disk drive as /.