Re: [tlug] An old topic

On 2/12/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> I find that top-posting is (a) a good criterion for which posters can
> be ignored, other things being equal (a top-post invariably indicates
> that the top-poster thinks his own man-hour is worth a large multiple
> in man-hours of others), and (b) a good source of useful material if
> you wish to block a decision when the boss top-posts his inclination
> followed by all the reasons he's wrong.

Good comments other-Steve-san.  The XEmacs mailing lists hit a
tail spin downwards at exactly the time I let the Microsoft Windows NT
porters in.  I gave them their own list and tried to follow it for awhile,
but it was too painful.

I ifnd similar things at my workplace where Microsoft Outlook has been
mandated.  They have a search function over all their internal mailing
lists that is exactly useless because of top-posting.

Larsi (in Gnus) implements forwarding via top-posting, but I agree with
that.  It's alien material to be attached to another thread.

-sb