Re: [tlug] Acid drop on mobile?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Simon, you know better than that. For details, see Curt's posts.

I know all about mod_gzip, and use it on the server which perlbal proxies to. But I don't see your point - you seem to be disagreeing with me; my assertion was that whitespace compresses well. Does that mean that you are suggesting that whitespace doesn't compress well?

Minifying (in the absence of any gzip considerations) is of course a good idea. But minifying and then gzip, which is what the OP seemed to be using Acid Drop to do, is not necessarily a useful use of CPU.

--
Putting a square peg into a round hole can be worthwhile if you don't mind
a few shavings. -- Larry Wall