[tlug] Clustering algorithms

TLUG,

Does anyone know of online resources that shed some light on how to do "clustering" algorithms with MySQL, and with PHP.

Just in case I'm not using the right terminology, I'm talking about the kind of thing you might see on Amazon. Where a customer says they like one book, and it recommends new books by comparing against other customers who have made similar past selections.

I'm not going to be developing this algorithm myself, but passing it onto a programmer with far more ability and experience. So they might be able to handle some pretty advanced concepts. However, if there was a resource that could dumb it down a bit for my benefit, that would be good.

Thanks for any help or advice.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G