Re: [tlug] An old topic

On 2008-02-12 13:07 +0900 (Tue), Charles Muller wrote:

> Because it was "referenced material" (included from an external source) and
> not part of a previous discussion on this list.

So why is it that if we've seen the material before, we want to see it
again before we see comments on it, but if we haven't seen the material
before, we want to see the comments first, without their context, and
then see the original material? That seems exactly backwards to me.

By the way, note that I'm not hardcore one way or another about
top-posting; I think it depends on the situation. But there are a lot
of messages I see on mailing lists where I do wish the poster had
top-posted in order to save me the hassle of wading through a large
mound of material I was already familiar with.

cjs