Re: [tlug] Linux crashed, won't start up. Recovery?

Dave M G wrote:
Birkir,

Thank you for responding.

fsck.ext3 /dev/hda1

I ran this on the partition in question:

fsck.ext3 /dev/sda4

And it says:

/dev/sda1: clean (and something about how many files and blocks)

But rebooting ends up at the same error message.

Is there anything more aggressive I can do scan and repair the disk?

did it return straight away without scanning everything. If so through an -f to force it to do a full scan i.e.

fsck.ext3 -f /dev/hda1

Edward