[tlug] Re: Japanese in URLs?

Re: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E

Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> Thanks for responding, and for the screenshots. Kind of sad to see that
> FireFox is a little behind the curve on this one.

Actually I think Firefox is right on the mark on this one. When it displays
the URL and GET parameters etc. at the top of the browser screen, I don't think
it should be making decoding assumptions about any of the parameters. I may well
be passing in a binary value (appropriately %-encoded of course), and I don't
want the browser to play it back to me as an expletive in Klingon because it
decided it was somethig in UTF-8.  It's different, of course, if the field
has an ACE prefix such as "xn--".

Cheers

Jim

--