Re: [tlug] Asus EEE in Japan

Scott Robbins wrote:

If it is the 5007EG (probably reported as 5006EG by lspci) the madwifi
driver only works on 32 bit Also, it's been a bit iffy, at least for
some people--the fact that the INSTALL doc hasn't been updated doesn't
help and can leave the unwary searching desperately for ath0.
the EEEPC does indeed show AR5006EG as the laptop is small and VERY limited memory I don't see a need for 64bit ;)

So, if ndiswrapper is working, then stick with it. However, (again, I
didn't thoroughly test this) I believe that the 5211.inf that is used by
the card doesn't work with WPA2.
It claims to but as I dont have a network to test against so am unable to confirm

(I'd be curious if you could either confirm or correct that. I'm assuming that the driver was the 5211.inf, which seems to be the only one available.)
thats the only one I had available but some docs I saw from stateside said a closed version was available but had to be compiled.

I only have 2 real issues:
1-Some function key combos don't work (I will have map them) although many did work
2-As internal flash is 4G I wanted to run /var and /home from the SD card to get some more space. I have not yet been able to get it to boot when /var or any other partition run from the SD card slot.

other than that now its my turn to annoy some commuters on the train playing on my 'puter.

Dave