[tlug] [OT] Recommendations for papers or books about copyright/intellectual property laws and handling in japan?

Hi!

I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I need a topic for my
master thesis in japan sciences and I'm thinking about writing about
copyright and intellectual property laws and the economic impact of
them as well. I'm quite sure that on this list are ppl who are
interested in this topic. Another topic I'm interested in is data
retention but I didn't even started to search what the state of this
is in Japan and if it's in the actual discussion at all (living in
Germany we just got into the hell of data retention which began in
january 2008)
Can someone recommend me authors or maybe books/papers which could
give me an introduction into the(se) topic(s) and does someone know
what the state of research about this is in and outside of Japan.
Any answers appreciated :)

Niels