Re: [tlug] Need Linux PDA recommendations

2008/1/17, Drew Hamilton <awh@example.com>:
> > With 5000 - 6000 yen, you can own a combo of a R4 extension + 2GB micro sd card.
> > After that, you can play more DS games and you can you it as a book reader.
> Pretend for a minute that I don't know what an R4 extension is.  Can
> you tell me?  Google didn't seem to be much help.
I did a small research on DS + R4 and found that the price I paid for
them ( DS: 01 Yen, R4  +2GB microSD: 5000 Yen ) turned out to be
cheap.

It sounds like linux on a DS is what I'm looking for, but it says on
the LinuxDS site that you need extra RAM memory to run a GUI, and from
what I see R4 doesn't include more RAM. What kind of hardware should I
buy if I want to expand the memory and run GUI apps on DSLinux? Where
can I buy such hardware (preferably in Tokyo)?

Thanks,
Johan