Re: [tlug] More on ePaper based book readers

> Here is an article which compares the iLiad, Librie, eBookwise, and Kindle.
> http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fsb/0801/gallery.ebook_readers.fsb/index.html

I got the Sony Reader (PRS-505) as a Christmas gift.  I am very happy
with it; it of course reads Sony's ebooks, but there are also
open-source programs available to convert from any number of formats
(libprs500), so I can also downloaded from a large selection of public
domain, creative commons, and...er... other books available on the
net.  200MB of storage lets the thing hold about 150 books, and it's
quite sleek and light.

I think it would do better at fiction than it would at manuals, since
the screen is fiction-sized, not manual-sized.

Sony's official store officially is only open to US residents, but for
those ebook downloads I just put my address as Tokyo,  Alabama, USA
90210 and it worked fine with my Saison Mastercard.

 - Drew