Re: [tlug] [Announcement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2008-01-12 - update

David J Iannucci wrote:
> I'm just getting back into using LaTeX after many years including
> a period of Office-apostasy, so this is of great interest....

I don't know what was said at the meeting, but have I raved about Xetex
recently? It's quite wonderful, since it uses the system fonts and
character mappings instead of messing around with Knuth's ingenious but
sadly ahead of its time font metric system. The other options I've tried
for typesetting Japanese with TeX have been the CJK package - which I
eventually got working, but give me Unicode, please - and lambda, which was
a bit easier to work with but still required lots of font jiggling. Xetex
Just Works.

--
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
	Civilization?