Re: [tlug] [OT] Any electricians / electrical engineers around?

Godwin,

Thank you for responding.

Allow me a while to draw up schematics for the Norton generator, scan them
and put them online for you. The principle behind it will be a buffered,
regulated voltage that transistors are going to convert to regulated
current and suck through the chains of LEDs.
I'll try and do this today. If I can't then I'll do it on Wednesday.

Wow, that would be so helpful!

Andrew mentioned that the LEDs would flicker if they were on AC current. Actually, I had noticed that when I was doing testing with my Christmas lights.

The flicker is not noticeable to the human eye - at least not to this human's eyes - but it is apparent through a video camera and recording.

It seems to me that it would be a good thing to convert the current to DC. I know Andrew suggested batteries, but since this could get used on long filming sessions, I'd be afraid of slight dimming having effects on the quality of the chroma key that I'm after.

So, can (or should) this be built with an AC to DC converter?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G