Re: [tlug] supergrub to the rescue!

> Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:22:03 +0900
> From: Darren Cook <darren@example.com>
>
> I had a good long struggle with it, booting to the live DVD, then
> mounting the real filesystem, then chroot to it. But grub was missing
> and the chroot couldn't see the CD to install it! I even got as far as
> managing to install grub (by copying the file from the CD and a crash
> course in apt-get) but still couldn't get grub-install to run.

I played arround with LFS for a bit, and probably will again at some point.
I learned a LOT about CHROOT issues from that.  :P  I would suggest that
anyone that has a spare machine arround, or at least a spare hard drive
give it a shot at least once.  ^.^  You will either love it, or have a whole new
respect for the big distros.  :P

--
Ken