Re: [tlug] Help: unrecognized disk

On 11/30/07, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:
> Give me the name of a SATA controller that's recognized by the Linux kernel
> at install-time and I'll consider using it. Until then, I'll stick to PATA
> on an Intel ICH-5 controller with its master/slave idiosyncracies.

Intel Corporation 82801EB (ICH5) SATA Controller (rev 02)

Worked out of the box with Ubuntu, Debian Etch and Sarge and the Gentoo live CD.

Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)

Not sure if this one works with above mentioned distros out of the
box, but it does work with gentoo box after I recompiled my kernel
with the needed drivers selected.

Regards, Keith