Re: [tlug] Words Gear

On Mon, November 26, 2007 13:00, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2007-11-26 11:59 +0900 (Mon), Andrew Errington wrote:

> Mine does so as well, but as a reading platform my phone ranges from
> "barely adequate" to "only if I'm desperate."

Wow! As good as that!  =;^)

>> Also, for not much more you could buy an Eee PC (I am so looking
>> forward to my trip to Taiwan...). I can't see the dimensions of the Words
>> Gear, but it looks roughly the same size.
>>

> True, but will the user interface be as nice?

Hard to say.  On the one hand, the Eee is 'just a PC', so if you have a
PC-based PDF reader that has a user interface that you like, then "Yes".
On the other hand, the Eee is 'just a PC', so if you don't like the
interface you can find some better software.

Maybe you won't like the clamshell-style opening case, and the
ever-present keyboard (I see the Words Gear has a fold-over flap to
protect the screen).  Maybe you should look at a Kohjinsha instead (it'll
fold back like a tablet)?

Anyway, so far it would seem that no-one here has actually seen a Words
Gear and so they cannot give you a first-hand opinion.  Me neither, sorry.