[tlug] [OT] A question for the Amazon guys

I have an off topic question.

There is a device being advertised on the front page of
the Amazon.com site, but I cannot seem to find it on the
Amazon.co.jp site, so it may not be there yet. :P

Anyway, the thing is called a Kindle on the American site.
It is basically an eBook reader tied to an online store.

The implication from the American site is that it is something
that Amazon has a personal stock in.

My question, if you are able/allowed to answer it at this
time, is this:  Does the device exist on the Japanese market,
perhaps under a different name?

The device is an eBook reader, as I said above.  I have
passed over a few such devices in past, but the fact that
this one has no need to interact with a PC in order to get
it's data, and the decent battery life, are very attractive.

:P

--
Ken