Re: Linux docs (was:Re: [tlug] Re: IPv6)

Stephen wrote:
> It's a bitch.  You really need to understand the project's code, and
> know what the developers are trying to accomplish, to do it well.
> You can always report bugs against documentation, but those often get
> ignored because the developers think they're gonna change the behavior
> anyway.

I've never had this impression. Must be an emacs thing ;-).
I think most programmers of most open source projects would bend down
and kiss your feet if you offered to write documentation, especially if
it is tutorial/how-to documentation, which the main developers are
generally incapable of. Knowing the internals is very much optional.

And you don't even need to get permission: just post the tutorial to a
blog and thanks to the wonders of google people will find it and ready it.

Daren