Re: [tlug] Failing Update

Darren Cook wrote:
Maybe a Newbie-grade Situation and Question

I don't think so - I think those updates are broken - at least I got the same error for those packages on ubuntu, using the gui updater application, this morning. I thought I'd try again tomorrow and hope it has fixed itself.

There are a couple of threads on Ubuntu Forums that indicate the problem is with Samba development and not with the updater. Samba posted a recommended update advisory at:

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-544-1

which turned out to be buggy. So Ubuntu cut off access to the update ... or, I /think/ that was the explanation du jour.

5.  when the machine is rebooted video has been reset to 640x480x16 from
1280x1024x32

But I don't have that problem. Sorry.

I'm not sure it isn't me causing it ...

--