Re: [tlug] scim and java

>> I just found if I start it as:
>>   LANG=ja_JP.UTF8 jedit  (*)
>
> Were you using en_US.utf8 before?

Yes (well en_GB.utf8, as it is closer to "en_JP.utf8" in that it uses A4
paper).

> I've found that in OpenOffice, in both Linux and FreeBSD, that I have to
> set LC_CTYPE as ja_JP.UTF-8 (FreeBSD syntax).

scim is working fine with open office, in en_GB.utf8, in both Fedora
Core 5 and Ubuntu 7.10.

There are 3 environmental variables (*) to set to scim; perhaps open
office uses one of them that you don't have set?

Darren

export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
export QT_IM_MODULE=scim
export XMODIFIERS=@example.com