Re: [tlug] Instructions for Attending the tech meeting in Second Life

Alain Hoang wrote:
> Edward Middleton wrote:
>
>> To attend in SL, people will need:
>>
>> 1. The SL client installed, with voice working and turned on so that
>> they can hear what's going on.
>>

> Not to burst anyone's bubble but Linux users are probably going to run
> into this problem:
> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-210
>
> In simple terms, voice chat support in Linux isn't ready yet.  *sigh*

This is disappointing, however this is voice, not streaming sound in
general[1], which seems to be working in the Linux client. We could just
stream to the location if we do this in the future.

Edward

1. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/GUIDE_-_Streaming_Audio